Breakaway Box, Breakaway Box 550, Breakaway Box 650
Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports and macOS 10.13.4+
|Details on official macOS 10.13.4 eGPU Support can be found under the Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box Mac and Windows Compatibility article|
|If you have a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt Mac, you would need to use an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.|
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and macOS 10.12.6+
- Certified with all generation Thunderbolt Macs to support Thunderbolt-compatible non-GPU cards, such as AVID HDX and RED ROCKET-X.
- Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port
- GPU card use requires an eGFX-enabled Windows PC
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition, Version 1709 or greater)
- eGFX Breakaway Box models support up to a standard full-height, full-length, double-width card. Cards with three power connectors are not supported.
- While the eGFX Breakaway box features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps. Find more computer information here. Full performance also requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- Choose eGFX Breakaway Box model that supports the power requirement of the chosen card.